Owner and Technical Director
Certified Rock Guide
Apprentice Alpine and Ice Guide
AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Assistant Provider
Owner Mike Schneiter has climbed extensively throughout North America since 1997 and has been involved in instructing and guiding climbers since 1999. With notable ascents of famed rock climbs like El Cap and the first ascentionist of over 250 routes in Colorado and Utah, Mike has made climbing a big part of his life and is eager to share that love with others.
Mike has been a member of the American Mountain Guides Association since 2003 and is a certified Rock Guide and Single Pitch Instructor Assistant Provider. He has also successfully completed the Ice Instructor and Alpine Guide Courses. He was the recipient of the Petzl AMGA Scholarship in 2012 and continues to be active with the American Safe Climbing Association, Mike has rebolted hundreds of bolts and helped maintain dozens of routes in Colorado and Utah.
During the school year he teaches rock and ice climbing, canyoneering and climbing self rescue courses for Colorado Mountain College in addition to working with various groups on low and high ropes course initiatives with their Foundations of Sustainability in Leadership program. He also teaches wilderness medicine for Desert Mountain Medicine.
He is also a high school teacher of Social Studies and Outdoor Education at Glenwood Springs High School and sponsor of the HS climbing club and team. Mike was a longtime coach of the high school cross country team and is an avid runner himself. He has been sponsored as part of Brooks’ Inspire Daily running program since 2006.
In the writing world, Mike writes for the Gear Institute and Splitter Choss.
When not climbing, teaching or guiding, he enjoys spending time with his family, typically in the mountains.
Accomplishments, Education and Certifications:
– Member of the American Mountain Guides Association since 2003. Certified Rock Guide and Single Pitch Instructor Assistant Provider. Successfully completed Alpine Guide Course and Ice Instructor Course.
– Wilderness First Responder
– Wilderness Medicine Instructor for Desert Mountain Medicine
– Leave No Trace Master Educator
– Bachelor’s Degree in History-Secondary Education with a minor in coaching and studies in Economics.
– Master’s Degree in Education.
– Adjunct Faculty in the Outdoor Education program at Colorado Mountain College in Glenwood Springs, CO. Teaches a number of rock climbing courses, ice climbing, climbing self rescue and technical canyoneering. He also works on the low and high ropes courses with a variety of groups for their Foundations and Sustainability in Leadership program.
– Brooks Inspire Daily athlete
– World record for vertical feet snowboarded in 24 hours under human power, 36,048 feet.