Winter 2022/23 Course Dates:
To Be Determined
Take your ice climbing skills to the next level and gain greater self-sufficiency with experienced and qualified instructors. In this course you’ll get instruction:
- Proper use and fitting of gear
- Belaying considerations for ice climbing
- Placing ice screws with a focus on lead climbing skills and considerations.
- Ice climbing anchors including ice screws, threads and their application.
- Ice climbing technique including detailed instruction on footwork, use of crampons, swinging ice tools, body positioning, movement, evaluating ice, and tips for efficiency.
- Steep ice climbing technique with detailed instruction on footwork, tool placements, body positioning and movement for steep curtains, pillars, and smears.
- An introduction to mixed and dry tool climbing.An introduction to multi pitch ice climbing techniques such as belaying, anchor placement, and more.
- Personal coaching and instruction throughout to help you advance your skills as a climber.
Cost: $395 for the 2 day course.
This is a low ratio course that is limited to no more than 4 participants with 1 guide. We operate in areas that have a lot of climbing and space and few visitors so we can do our best to keep our distance from others and provide a safe venue for our courses.
Gear Included – Ice climbing tools, crampons, boots, helmet and harness are included in the price of the course. You’re also welcome to use your own gear as long as it’s modern and in good condition.
Please take a moment and consider the COVID-19 protocols we have in place:
- Glenwood Climbing Guides is following directions from the Centers for Disease Control and state and local health departments.
- We sanitize and/or quarantine gear after each use.
- Guests are to drive separate from the guide(s).
- Physical distancing of 6′ should be observed whenever possible.
- Everyone should have a mask and use it when appropriate distancing can’t be observed.
- Hands should be washed frequently or hand sanitizer used.
- Participants are asked to complete an online health screening the morning of or the night before your trip. Thermometers are available for temperature checks for guides and guests.
- Please keep in mind that face coverings are required for all individuals over the age of 10 to enter or move within public indoor spaces and in all to enter businesses in the state of Colorado. Additionally, masks are required in the downtown area of Glenwood Springs, both inside and outside. Please plan accordingly if you are shopping or dining before or after your trip. Face coverings are not required outside.
- Guests are encouraged are to stay home if they feel any symptoms of COVID-19 or have had a recent close contact with someone who has tested positive or has a pending COVID-19 test. Full refunds are provided with no questions asked because we respect your privacy and want to help keep our communities safe.